November 22, 2012

The Art of Giving Thanks For Ourselves

 
Today is the big day!
It is weird for us to be so far away from the family that
we usually spend Thanksgiving with,
but we still have much to be grateful for!

Through my teenage years, I picked up a habit of collecting
thoughts and quotes and papers that were inspirational -
(although I really think that this habit is genetic - thanks ma!)

I've been cleaning and organizing all of my papers since our move
and earlier this month, I stumbled upon this little thought -
It was a good reminder for me, so I thought I'd share it with you, too!

Enjoy!

'At this Thanksgiving season it would be good for you and me
to sit down in a quite spot and give thanks for our selves.

Our selves are our most precious possessions. Your self is you.
It is the center of your being, your open door to the Infinite.
It is you, made in the image of God.
Through your self you live and move and have your being.
Love begins with your self; to love others you must first love your self.

Be thankful for your capacity to grow and to serve. 
Be thankful for the riches of the spirit that are yours.
Be thankful for eyes to see, ears to hear, and a heart to understand.
Be thankful for all the beauty in the world.
Be thankful for personal peace and joy.

Your future depends upon your self,
upon realization of your potential,
upon the development of your skills and talents,
upon your dreams and your attitude toward life.

Stand tall in the glory of your unique selfhood.
Give thanks for all that you are and all that you  may become.'

- Unknown

No comments:

Copyright Notice