November 8, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude Photo Challenge - Day 8

 I loved today's prompt, although, like some previous ones,
it was a little strange!!

Ready?

Here goes!

* f a v o r i t e * c o l o r *

Day 8

When I was younger, I refused to love the color pink.
It was a girly color, and I was bound and determined that
I was going to break away from the masses and not conform!
For years, my favorite color was green - most shades of green, in fact!

And then, I became an adult!
Is there something ironic about the child refusing to like pink
growing into the woman who loves the color pink?
As I began to explore my world, to learn about myself
and to realize that I can love whatever I want,
my love for the color pink came blaring out!

I had a pink back pack for my first two years at USU,
and my current bike is hot pink and black (and absolutely adorable)!

There was something so liberating about declaring my love
for the color pink, because it was another step that I took in
finding myself! I am grateful for the things that have happened in my life
that have allowed me to become the woman that I am,
and that have allowed me to find the things that I truly love -
I love that I can be myself and that I am happy with who I have become!

So yes ... pink ... I am grateful for pink ...
and just to show you I am not the only one,
hit play on the video below ... it's short and sweet, 
but it sums up my feelings perfectly!

(Fast forward to about 1:21 - then you'll see what I'm talking about)


No comments:

Copyright Notice