Today was a lazy day ... for me ...
Nate worked ALL day,
and I snuggled up on the couch in my sweater
and leggings, with homemade mac n' cheese,
and my Rascal! I played on the internet,
worked on some Christmas projects,
and vegged my day away!
It was lovely!
Today's gratitude/photo prompt is:
Something O L D
I stewed and stewed over what to photograph for my 'something old' prompt.
I considered a REALLY old book that I acquired from the law office,
a REALLY old sweatshirt that belonged to my grandma,
a photo of the scrapbooks that contain REALLY old photos of us ...
All of these things that I considered have two things in common:
1) They all contain wonderful memories
2) I am grateful for all of them
I opted to take this photo:
This is the 2nd 'patchwork' quilt that I made in my life.
The first was a denim quilt that I made for one of my Young Women's projects,
and this blanket I made for Nate as his graduation present!
There is something about old blankets and quilts that I just adore!
I love how the fabric breaks down and becomes soft,
I love that when I pull out a fresh, clean blanket I know exactly
where it came from, who made it, and what the occasion was,
I love that a blanket on the couch means snuggling with my little family,
and I love the days that are spent doing just that!
One of my assignments in my Intro to El Ed Class at USU
was to write a paper about my life experiences and how they 'lead' me
to where I am today - but the trick was that I had to come up with a metahpor.
The metaphor that I ended up using was a quilt,
and I likened all of my experiences to the squares on my quilt!
That paper was a wonderful way for me to look back over my life
and to see how my decisions have made me who I am today!
I am grateful for memories, and experiences, and quilts.

No comments:
Post a Comment