I'll be honest, it's been a rough day today.
I think I finally had my 'I can't believe how far away I am
from my family and friends' break down today ...
It might be because Thanksgiving is this week
and it's our first Holiday away from our families
and our typical Thanksgiving traditions ...
It might be because Nate is at work for 9 hours today
without time to come home for lunch so I am literally alone all day ...
It might be because I've been trying so hard to stay positive
and enjoy everything about my new life, but today I am tired ...
For whatever reason, after Nate called me on his first break,
something inside me gave in and I had a good cry, but
I think that it was something that has needed to happen since we got here ...
I let it run it's course, and this is where today's prompt comes in:
S O M E T H I N G N E W
When I was going to school, Nate talked about taking up painting.
We got him all the supplies, but he only pulled them out once or twice.
When we moved, I considered throwing them out,
but they were hardly used so we brought them along with us.
When I was looking for something to do to cheer me up
I happened upon Nate's paint supplies!
When I was looking for something to do to cheer me up
I happened upon Nate's paint supplies!
I pulled them out, turned on some quiet piano music,
and let myself go...
in a new experience of 'painting my emotions'
in a new experience of 'painting my emotions'
(I've heard of this technique used with kids, so I thought, 'why not?')
I have titled it: 'Falling Blue"
As cheesy as it sounds, 'painting my emotions' totally worked for me!
I stepped out of my head and just started painting -
I had no idea what I was going for, and even though it will
never be worth any money, it is priceless to me!
I am grateful for my 'something new' experience
of using paper, paint and brushes to visualize how I am feeling,
and for helping me to transfer those feelings to paper
when words weren't doing any good!


No comments:
Post a Comment