November 13, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude Photo Challenge - Day 13

 Written Words

I've gotta tell you,
these prompts are starting to work my creativity!

Being grateful for my life and for the things in my life
is something that I feel that I've always been good at,
but this challenge has made me see my life in a new way!

My favorite words in the world come from
Nate, the love of my life!

When we were in High school, we passed notes back and forth
like crazy! When we got married, I put all the notes in a binder
and from time to time, we pull them out and laugh at how cheesy
we were and marvel at how much we were M.F.E.O.
(you know ... made for each other!! ;)

IMG_20121114_222254

When we started to get serious, our code for 'I Love You' was 'brat.'
We thought we were fooling people when we said goodbye
in front of them and called each other a brat
(but I'm pretty sure we weren't fooling anyone!)

Our notes, however, were full of gushy love and great big
I LOVE YOU's
in CAPS and bolded!
Our notes were honest and open and we were able to write
what we wanted to write without others hearing the message we were trying to convey!

THAT is why I am grateful for written words!
Written, not typed - there is a difference!
Written words are thought out, they cannot be back spaced or deleted,
they are they are heart felt and deliberate!

I have got a binder full of love notes from the love of my life,
I have folders full of letters from my family,
and I even have some letters left over from my high school days
from my best friends - and I am so grateful for them!
I'm grateful for the memories that they bring back to me
and for the messages that are hidden within them!!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I love your notes...I have a few from back in the day:) I love the challenge I want to do it some time! You inspire me!

Copyright Notice