Today's theme is:
S M I L E
I thought long and hard about how to approach today's theme.
I thought about trying to capture a shot that was all teeth,
I thought about giving you collage of all of my favorite smiles,
but I decided to settle on giving you a picture of something that makes me smile ...
every
single
day
I'm not a crazy cat lady. I promise.
But there is something about this little kitty that brings me so much joy,
and I am so grateful that she toughed out the drugs and the long car ride
so that she could be with us at our new house!
Rascal is an old girl! According to the charts at the vet, she is geriatric.
We have to medicate her twice a day, and without fail, she wakes us up
EVERY DAY between 7 and 7:30 to be fed.
She crowds us on the couch, sleeps on my legs at night so I can't turn over,
and manages to grow and shed way too much fur for such a little thing ...
And I adore her! Not an unhealthy amount, but an appropriate amount
for a pet owner to love her pet and agree that she is a part of our family!
Today I'm grateful for my little Rascal!
She makes me smile,
she snuggles up on my lap and helps me stay warm,
and she loves me unconditionally -
which is more than anyone could ever ask for!!

No comments:
Post a Comment