October 31, 2008

6 Quirks Tag!

I've been tagged by my cousin, so in honor of Halloween, I've decided to make this an Irrational Fears Tag - because they are quite quirky!

1. When I'm studying at the library I will not sit in a place that can be seen by the front door. Why? Because if someone comes in and starts shooting up I won't be in their line of fire! This is a thought that crosses my mind every time I enter the library doors.
2. If I am driving and notice someone behind me for a long time, I'll deliberately turn off on a different street to see if I'm being followed! Why would I want to lead someone who is following me to where I live?
3. Have you ever heard the old wives tale that there was someone driving in the mountains with a car behind her that kept flashing their lights - when they got through the lady pulled over along with the car behind her and there was a man in her back seat with a knife. Whenever the man would raise the knife the other car would flash their lights and the knife would be lowered (I never heard what happened to the man with the knife). Anyway, this story still terrifies me and I hate, HATE, driving alone at night! I always check my back seats a couple of times before getting in the car at night and then I always make sure my doors are locked - and then I have to sing really loud so I won't think about the lady driving through the mountains!
4. As of 4 years ago, I have a very big fear of lightening! Nate & I got struck on the way home from Colorado in 2004 and now it terrifies me! Before that incident, I never thought twice about it, but now, I am very aware of the weather and I won't go out if I can help it if there is a thunderstorm warning! I have tried to work through it, but I can't help but feeling completely vulnerable if there is lightening afoot!
5. I have a fear (that I got from my mother) that whenever we go out of town our house is going to burn down, blow up, flood... I learned from her that you are supposed to unplug pretty much everything but the fridge when you go out of town! Nate thinks I'm crazy, but if it ever saves us or our home, I'll be sure to tell him "I told you so!"
6. Snakes... ugghhh... just writing the word sends shivers down my spine! I am deathly afraid of snakes... When I was younger (very young, before my family moved to Utah) there was a snake in our kitchen - I remember a broom and standing on a chair - but that may be from what my mom has told me... anyway... I don't know if that is my reason for being terrified of snakes, but I am! I can't look at them on TV, I won't go into the Reptile House at the Zoo, I won't go Hiking in the dead of Summer, just in case... and reading this right now is giving me the willies, so I'll be done!

So, there you have it! Six of my quirkiest irrational fears! And now, I tag all of you who are reading this!

3 comments:

Erica Huff said...

I look in my backseat every time I get in my car at night for that same story. It scared the crap out of me!! Also, when we were driving down to Houston during our move, we hit this incredible lightening storm about Dallas. It scared me so bad because I knew that lighting could hit cars! Thanks to you! It was one of the most terrifying experiences of my life. I can totally relate now.

Jackson & Trish Whitehurst said...

You are too funny! I'm glad you are protective of yourself though! That was a fun read!

Grandma Vic said...

My irrational quirks are fire or house damage when we're away-no reason why. Mice, rats any rodents scare the crap out of me-from when I was young and the boys in our ward threw mice at us in the fields-creepy. I hate the same story of the lady in her car, but I learned she was coming home from church at night. I hate touching germy things-anywhere I go, I use hand sanitizer and wet wipes-I got this from our son in law Cody. I hate, hate , hate coming home alone to a dark house-so I leave lights on even in the middle of the day if I know I'll be home after dark.

Copyright Notice