You may or may not know that Nate & I started dating when we were Sophmores! I remember our first real flirtation (because we had gone to school together since Middle School) was on Valentines Day of 1996! I was hanging out in the Rec Center trying to woo Troy Leonhardt! Wow - I haven't thought about Troy in years... I wonder how he's doing... anyway, Troy & I were having a good old time flirting and Nate, facetious (a word that was actually used by a teacher to describe him) as he is, came up and stole my brown shoes... I remember the shoes... weird the things I remember... anyway... Nate stole my shoes and (as I like to put it) my heart that Valentines Day!We spent a little time together and then I asked him to MORP! We had a great time, danced the night away (by the way, he smelled oh so good and danced even better), and the rest, as they say, is history! We have now been a couple for 12 and 1/2 years and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that we have so much history together! Seriously - how many of you out there have pictures together when you were 15?
Our First Date!! We ate spaghetti with our hands tied together (thus the plastic bag I was wearing - we all wore them... for some reason I just didn't take mine off immediately following dinner... oh... then we brushed our teeth... who wants spaghetti breath when you are dancing?)

So... now you know how I met the love of my life - how did you meet yours?
4 comments:
that is a GREAT picture!! i love you question of the week entries!
I remember those days! And you're still 2 kids in love after all these years!Seriously, it's something to be proud of and truly valued in this day and age! Good for you!
That is so cool, I will have to answer that on my blog...tune in!
Can I tell you how much I love this picture?? Classic!! It was great to see you for a little bit on Saturday!! Take care!
Post a Comment