October 16, 2008

Music

Now I'm believing that this is something I have not yet discussed with you. I am a lover of all things musical (except loud bass - unless I am cleaning - it can be loud and thumping if I am cleaning, at all other times it makes me want to rip my hair out - and really, it took me years to grow it this long, so I don't fancy doing that). I grew up around music in the home - on the radio, on records, on the piano (which I used to be able to dazzle), coming from our own mouths and in my head!

Let me explain the reason for this post. We woke up today at 6:15ish, snoozed till 6:45ish, showered till 7:20ish and then I took Nate to work. I returned home (because it is an abnormal work and school week for Fall Break and other various reasons)and the first thing I do is turn on my IPod. Yes, I have an IPod. Next to that beautiful fancy digital SLR that I am going to own someday, my IPod is the next greatest invention. If you were to look at my playlist you would see artists like The Ocean Blue, Garth Brooks, Celine Deon, Death Cab, the Soundtrack from the Buffy the Vampire Musical (did I just admit that - the tunes are just so catchy) and the list could go on and on. So, I turn on my IPod and sigh a big sigh of relief as this CD starts playing.


Am I the only one who thinks that hearing a song (or in this case, a whole album) that has been stuck in your head for weeks is like taking an addicting drug? I swear sometimes I'll turn on my IPod and get the same satisfaction that I imagine a smoker gets from having their first smoke of the day.

Music as an addiction. Hmmph... I can see the headlines now... "20 Something College Student in Coma Because She Couldn't Get to IPod Fast Enough..."

1 comment:

me and him said...

i'm with you. gotta have my tunes!

Copyright Notice