November 28, 2008

How Much Love Can One Heart Hold?

The answer is simple...

Take a look at these kids...

Go on, I'll give you a moment... take a look... breathe in their adorableness... feel your heart grow a few sizes...


A heart can hold about 13 nephews and nieces worth of love(plus the ones who haven't made an appearance yet). Don't believe me? Wait until you get your own!

I've been thinking a lot about life these last few weeks - the joys, the curve balls you get thrown, the expectations that don't come, the surprises that do...

These kids, my "kids" - they are the surprises in my life. They are the joys that I didn't see coming. Growing up I always imagined that I would:
- grow up (yet to happen)
- get married (happily done)
- and have kids of my own...

I NEVER imagined that the children who would divide my heart into pieces of love (13 of them) would not be my own...

That being said, I have got to say that I am so, SO, so grateful that Heavenly Father KNOWS our plans and that He KNOWS how to give us joys in the midst of trials.

These kids, my "kids", they are my joys! They bring me hope, laughter, love, happiness, peace and pure bliss. I can't imagine my life without a single one of them - they are so special to me...

I feel so blessed to be able to be "Auntie Clar," "Aunt Clarissa," "Clar," and "hee, hee - she's afraid of snakes... let's scare her."

To my nephews and nieces - current and future - thank you for letting me love you and be your auntie! I hope that we will always be close and that you will always know how much I love you!

P.S. If you ever want to run away - you're always welcome at our house! We have lots of blankets, movies and candy... your Uncle Nate has a sweet tooth!

5 comments:

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

What cute kiddos! They're lucky to have their Aunt Clar! I am thankful that my children have you as an honorary aunt as well! I like your new background btw!

Grandma Vic said...

Thanks for sharing your heart, my eyes are full of tears and also hope for you and Nate to know the joy of parenthood. You are the best aunt and uncle and the kids adore you. Thanks for helping me when my energy fades and for making life full of joy and pictures. I love you, mom
ps Dev has strep so don't hesitate if you feel yucky to get some meds.

Debbie Campbell Johnson said...

Clarissa:
You made my heart sing tonight as I read your sweet post about your love for family. Just you always remember that this is how I feel about all my Nieces & Nephews as they were growing up. I loved being with each of you.
May Heavenly Fathers blessings pour down up you and Nate for being the best of the best.
He knows your hearts desire to be parents, always know that.
Love ya tons
Aunt Debbie

jeff and char said...

what lucky little kids you have, you are a great aunt!!!! love char

The Thompsons said...

Clar,

You will never know how much your nieces and nephews love you! You and Nate are always the "favorites"! Thanks for loving my boys so much. We love you!

Jen

Copyright Notice