April 1, 2013

... PA Trip 2013 ...

Unless you've been hiding under a rock, you know that I spent
a week and a half in PA with my sister Amanda's family!!
We had such an awesome time and I took, of course, a TON
of photos!!  Each day, I took a few minutes to jot down the highlights
of the day in my journal, so in order to keep this post manageable,
I thought I'd just transfer those thoughts over along with the photos
from the day!! So, without further adieu, I give you ....



My PA Trip … 2013


(Oh, and photo disclaimer: I didn't take our Nikon on the trip with me,
these are with a point and shoot camera OR my cell phone -
there just wasn't room in my carry on!!)



March 17th

2013-03-17 11.47.07
The drive to the Medford Airport -
 it was the first time we've driven to Medford during the day, 
so I thought it was picture worthy!!
2013-03-17 11.50.53
Our selfie at the Airport before I headed in!! I definitely missed this guy!!
2013-03-17 12.06.02 2013-03-17 12.24.28

The Medford Airport was hands down the TINIEST Airport I have ever been to.
There were six gates, and I'm pretty sure each gate led to the same plane.
I've never actually walked outside to get on to my plane before,
so I took the following picture of my feet to commemorate the moment!!

2013-03-17 12.52.44

2013-03-17 15.46.46
It was SOOOO strange being held over at the Salt Lake Airport. 
I longed to run out of the airport and catch a cab to make a quick stop in Logan 
to see our families and friends, but there was definitely not enough time for that!

Plus, if I would have left the Airport, I would not have met my new BFF!!
So I was sitting there, playing Words with Friends with Nate,
and all of the sudden, MIKE TYSON came and sat right next to me!
Apparently he was on some type of trip with his wife!
I was too stunned to even attempt some type of photo OF him
(I think the most I would have gotten would have been his shoe, though -
I would have been too chicken to actually ask him for a photo).
I even had Nate send me THIS picture of him so that I could make sure I wasn't hallucinating.
Okay, so maybe he's not really my BFF, but it was sure a cool 20 minutes!!

  
2013-03-17 23.42.02
Finally arrived!! 
Amanda looks so chipper and adorable and I look like I'd been flying all day!! :)
We had a fun drive back to her house and talked the WHOLE way!!



March 18th


2013-03-18 07.59.51      2013-03-18 11.36.24

2013-03-18 14.25.58 

 2013-03-18 16.22.28

 P1040125 


P1040123

*** Hearing Ada tripping over my back pack when she came to wake me up at 7 before going to school
*** Running smack at Kaobe to give him a hug before he went to school
*** Watching Leiah run at me with open arms for her greeting hug
*** Watching Indy be her shy self when she first saw me - it didn't take long for her to warm up,
but she was funny about it!
*** Meeting Dexter!! Such a sweet little pup!!
*** Leiah's Dr. Appt - she was teasing the Dr. behind her back - Amanda tried to get her to stop,
but I had to hide my laughing!
*** Checking out Amanda's favorite Grocery Store - Wegmans
*** Having a belated GREEN St. Patty's day dinner of pancakes and eggs
*** PICTIONARY!
*** Seeing an actual snow storm this winter!
*** Making the rounds in the basement - boxing, ping pong, stationary bike, elliptical -
we spent a good 45 minutes hanging out down there!
*** Soaking in the Hot Tub with Amanda after the kids went to bed
*** Lots of snuggles and hugs!!         



March 19th


2013-03-19 12.48.58 2013-03-19 16.31.15

P1040141

2013-03-19 16.52.45

P1040139 P1040144

P1040133 P1040138

P1040147 P1040146

Ok, so I look COMPLETELY awful in this picture, I was exhausted,
 but I was having such a good time getting schooled in Chess by Kaobe while the girls where in bed!

*** First solo day as mom to 4 kiddos
*** School delayed due to school meant getting directions from Kaobe & Ada
to their school - they were a little iffy, but we made it!
*** Snow in the morning and Rita's Custard after school
*** Getting my hair done by Indy
*** Seeing Leiah carry a GIANT sugar container and a spoon into the living room
so that we could sweeten her herbal tea - a packet of sweet and low is
actually what we used : )
***Kaobe CLOBBERING me in our first game of Chess
*** Poor Leiah and her cough sleeping on the floor of my room



March 20th


2013-03-20 13.36.06

P1040165 P1040155

P1040173

2013-03-20 18.15.57

P1040187 2013-03-20 20.35.19

P1040195

P1040191 P1040190
P1040189 P1040188

*** Exploring different hairstyles with Indy & Ada before school!
*** Ada's dance class!
*** Yo Fresh Frozen Yogurt
*** Panera Bread & Chick Filet - I had dinner from BOTH places
because we have neither in Grants Pass!
*** Playing the piano with Indy & Leiah!!
*** Introducing JEM & the Holograms to the girls
*** more Chess games with Kaobe
*** Leiah sleeping sideways in bed!
*** Crazy Dexter trying to steal my lunch!
*** Being reminded by Leiah to NOT play with her pigtail braids!        
           

March 21st

2013-03-21 10.54.02

2013-03-21 17.05.12

P1040212

P1040217

P1040216


P1040269

P1040231

P1040266

P1040265

P1040234 P1040252

P1040241 P1040235

*** Poor Leiah with her cough and not sleeping well did not want to get up,
so I had to pull her out of bed with her ankles - (don't worry, she was giggling)
*** Miss Indy being indecisive about her hair for the day
*** A nice LONG skype with Nate while the kiddos were at school
*** The hot tub mocking me as I tried to work!
*** RASCAL'S Arcade - bumper cars, climbing wall
*** Root Beer Floats
*** Helping Ada study for her science test
*** Being able to actually relax before bed        



March 22nd & 23rd


These two days were so quick and wonderful that they blurred all
together!! On Friday, Carlynne & her family came down
to spend the night, so we spent Friday evening and Saturday morning
with them!!

 (Beware, there are a TON of photos from these two days and they are very mixed up!!)

 2013-03-22 16.18.46 P1040314

2013-03-22 16.21.48 P1040306

2013-03-22 16.25.41 P1040311

P1040304 2013-03-22 18.51.55

2013-03-23 08.59.44

2013-03-23 08.59.05 2013-03-23 10.46.18

2013-03-23 13.28.48 




2013-03-23 17.10.02

P1040323 P1040339

P1040281 P1040280

P1040279 P1040287

P1040277 P1040386

P1040303 P1040377

P1040291 P1040376

P1040371 P1040366

P1040364 

P1040361

P1040328 P1040355

P1040352 P1040312

P1040347 P1040345

P1040344 P1040343

P1040288

P1040342 P1040338

P1040331 P1040324

P1040322 P1040320

P1040319 P1040310

P1040297

*** After school swim on Friday with Ada & Leiah! Kaobe played on his
computer & Indy worked on a story she was writing
*** Getting ready for Lance & Carlynne to visit
*** Leiah falling asleep on the couch while waiting for them to arrive.
*** The first words out of Eva's mouth: "I'm going to marry my daddy, and he's bald!"
*** Meeting William again! He's SO big now and so adorable!!
*** Ada & Indy's reactions to Lizzie & Eva's spunky energy and messmaking :)
*** Poor Dexter being so good staying in Amanda's room while Lance & Carlynne were there.
*** Hanging out in the hot tub with Lance & Carlynne, then realizing
how late it was and remembering that 6 kids were going to be up early the next day!
*** Playing with Lizzie & Eva after they woke up before Amanda's kids were up!
*** Watching Leiah teach Lizzie how to play the piano!
*** Coloring Easter Eggs
*** Making Popovers for breakfast with Ada
*** Swimming in the hot tub with the kiddos
*** The impromptu lunch we had - sandwiches, cereal, pineapple, cheese,
cheetos - and William spreading it all over the floor!!
*** Having to say goodbye to the Carters. Why are we always doing that?
*** Lizzie & Eva asking if I could come to their house to play, and if I could bring Ada with them!!
*** Having pizza and movie night with the Osolu kiddos!
*** Skyping with Gramps, Grandma & Uncle Blake!     

I am such a blessed Auntie!! We had such a fun time with the Carters and
although their visit was short, I am so grateful that they made the drive
to come and see me while I was close!!  
     


March 24th


After re-cuping from Friday & Saturday, we got ready for Amanda & Obeta to come
home AND a visit from the Trans!! (I got SO spoiled on this trip!!) 

Again - so many pictures and so out of order :)

 P1040393 P1040476

2013-03-24 16.28.05 2013-03-24 16.53.48

P1040467

2013-03-24 16.54.02 2013-03-24 16.54.26

P1040391 P1040462

P1040404 2013-03-24 19.46.56

P1040497 P1040429

P1040493 P1040492

P1040490 P1040424

P1040486 P1040479

P1040480

P1040401 P1040470

P1040465 P1040455

P1040454 P1040453
P1040452 P1040451

P1040427 P1040423

P1040421 P1040405

*** Breakfast at Dunkin Donuts
*** Old town Allentown - finding our way to the maill
*** Ahhh, a mall ... another thing we lack in Grants pass -
I actually got to walk around an Aeropostale!!
       *** Amanda & Obeta getting home - the kiddos were SO excited!!
*** Anticipating the Trans arrival!!
*** Swimming
*** Hand & Foot
*** Sniping lessons from Ty
*** Funny photos
*** Snuggles from the girlies
*** Easter Egg Hunt - Ty found the giant egg
*** Getting a very fancy hairdo from the girls
*** Having to say goodbye to the Trans, again - why are we
always doing that?     

Again, I am so grateful that Jess & Phuc took time to drive down and spend the 
afternoon with me! It was so good to see them, and even though the visit
was short, my heart was definitely full!!



March 25th


   2013-03-25 13.51.43

2013-03-25 13.06.34

2013-03-25 19.08.17 P1040597

P1040587

P1040565 P1040564
P1040562 P1040561

P1040559 P1040558
P1040557 P1040556

P1040553 P1040554
P1040552 P1040551

P1040548 P1040547
P1040546 P1040542

P1040538 P1040528

P1040522 P1040515

*** Lunch with Amanda & Obeta at LongHorn Steakhouse
*** Hand & Foot with Kaobe & Ada
*** The Ugly Sweater Game - British accents necessary
*** A swim in the Hot Tub
*** Obeta teaching Ada about the stock market
*** Homemade bread and brownies (Amanda rocks)
*** Jamming to the 90's music
*** Hearing Obeta singing along to Hansen
*** LOTS of snuggles
*** Chess with Kaobe



The Long Trip Home


2013-03-26 13.27.52

2013-03-26 15.47.03   2013-03-27 07.52.22

2013-03-27 07.52.33

2013-03-27 09.48.05   2013-03-27 10.58.16

2013-03-27 12.42.19

*** Panera Bread with Kaobe & Amanda  
*** Rushing through the Detroit airport only to arrive to a delayed airplane
*** Being SUPER disappointed about being delayed in Utah,
waiting FOREVER for a Hotel Shuttle,
and being crammed into a Shuttle with 9 other people -
all exhausted and frustrated that they didn't make their connections
*** Hanging out, once again, in the Salt Lake Airport
*** Finding Krispy Kreme donuts to take home to Nate
*** FINALLY landing in Medford
*** Being reunited with Nate!! I missed him SO much!!           

I had such a wonderful trip and I am so grateful that I was able to go
and to spend time not only with Amanda and her family, but with
Jessica and Carlynne and their families as well! 

I am so grateful for our families and for the fact that even though
we live miles apart, we are not separated by them!! I love them all so much!!  





No comments:

Copyright Notice