Yep. You read that right. 2005.
I'm jumping WAY back in time for my post tonight!
On December 31, 2004, I jumped on a plane to Germany
to stay with my sister, Jess, and her kiddos for a few weeks
while her husband came back to the States for some training!
This was my first BIG trip without Nate and while I've got to admit
that flying across the giant Ocean without him scared me,
I did it, and I'm glad that I did it, and I had such a wonderful time,
although I missed him like CRAZY!
Anyway, I've been going through some old photos
for my Photography by Annie blog, and I found these,
so I thought that I'd post a few!!
I was SO excited to see these adorable kiddos and once my jet lag
subsided, I was awake enough to have a WONDERFUL time!!
Oh, and before I go any further, these pics were taken with my Pentax -
which means FILM - but I didn't realize until AFTER I got home that I got the
wrong speed - so they're super noisy, but I don't mind - they give the
pics a nice mysterious quality! :)
Village of Oberkail
So my sister and her family lived in this beautiful little village of Oberkail!
It was so picturesque and beautiful and it was so much fun just to tote the
camera around and capture the loveliness!!
Village of Bernkastle
Village of Bitburg - this was more of a shopping area ... not many photos! from here!
Villages of Malberg & Kylberg
Manderscheid Castle
Village of Speicher
Village of Trier
On one of the days when the boys were in school, Jessica put me on a
group tour and I headed on a train to Trier, the oldest City in Germany!
Aside from spending time with Jess and the kids, this was my FAVORITE thing
about my trip! Trier was absolutely AMAZING and someday, I will take Nate back!
The Porta Nigra
The Roman Baths
The Church of Our Lady
Trier Marketplace
And the last stop ... Vianden, Luxembourg
We went to Vianden Castle, and it was AMAZING!
I took SO many photos of the kiddos, and I'd love to post them all,
but that would take me a lifetime, so I'll just leave you with these few ...
As you can see, I had an amazing trip and I am so grateful that I was
able to go!! And Nate was grateful for all the goodies I brought home for him ...























































No comments:
Post a Comment