April 29, 2013

Gettin' Crafty with Curtains

What is it about curtains that makes a room so much more homey?

I have been telling myself for months (literally, we have now been here for months)
that I was going to make some curtains for our living room - not only because I
think that blinds (while necessary) are unsightly, but I wanted to be able to
leave my windows open but still have a little privacy from our neighbors!

You know those days when you wake up and you are so full of determination
to just get it done - well - I had it, and even though they took me four days,
they eventually got done! 

The fabric that I picked out is light and airy, and luckily Nate likes it as 
much as I do! I tried not to go too girly, but I didn't want just plain panels
either - so luckily I found this as I was wandering around Joanne's 
looking for inspiration! Luckily, we had discussed colors because when
I ran into this, I knew it would be perfect!!

2013-04-09 13.00.32

My kitchen was a mess, for days, but I had a great time sewing them
(really, I guessed the whole time, and even though they are slightly
uneven, I'm very proud of how they turned out! Here's a random
assortment of pics for you to enjoy)!!

2013-04-09 13.35.49 2013-04-09 13.44.04

(I did run into a little snafu, so I texted this picture to my mom so that
she could tell me what was wrong with my machine - it turns out
that it's helpful to know about tension when you are working on a project)

2013-04-09 15.20.23

Rascal enjoyed her first row seat to my crafty attempt-
but really, I think she was just using the experience to lay in the sun ...

2013-04-09 15.43.59

And ta - daa - they're done!!

2013-04-11 13.23.34

It was pretty fun! I think my next project might just be a skirt
or two or three - I'll let you know how they turn out!! :)

No comments:

Copyright Notice