January 31, 2010

Change

I'm not really a fan of change! I like things to stay the way that they are. I don't like to have to readjust my psyche when big things happen.

Unfortunately,

Change happens whether we want it to or not.

Here is a list of a few big things my psyche is readjusting for:

- My sister and her family are moving to Belgium. My brother in law is in the Air Force, and they are making their next big move. For some reason, this move is really hard for me. They have lived in Europe before (actually pretty close to where they will be at now), but I have loved having them so close to us and being able to see them in a matter of 8 hours. I am sad. I am happy that they are able to move on and that Jess is healthy and excited about their move, but I will miss them furiously.


- Nate's parents sold their house. This is going to bring about some big change for Nate & I and for the whole family. Carl got a job in New York 8ish months ago and has been working and living back there, while Lynnette has stayed and gotten the house ready to sell and spent as much time as she could with her family! We have all been praying for the house to sell, but now that it has, while remaining completely supportive to make the move easy for them, we are sad. The day has come. We love them and we will miss seeing them as often as we do.


(Sorry Carl & Lynnette, this is the only recent picture we have of you guys ... looks like we need to have a little photo shoot with the two of you before you go!)

- Onto the next item: SKYPE! This is a good change. I am excited about this change. This change means that all the family that I have that lives or is moving so far away can still be seen whenever we want to see them! Nate & I bought a web cam for our computer and have been "skypeing" this week with my sisters in New Jersey & Colorado, and we love it! This change in technology makes the other changes seem a little easier to deal with!

Change happens to me every day and even though my psyche sometimes feels exhausted, I know that the changes that I am experiencing are blessings. I am grateful for the liberties that we are blessed with that allow us to make lives for ourselves.

So to 'change' I say to you ... bring it on! We'll deal with whatever you send our way.

2 comments:

me and him said...

i know exactly what you mean. my parents moved to africa. my brother moved for med school and we now are scypers! you just happen to have a more possitive outlook on it all. that's why i love reading your blog! spend lots of time with them while you can...and have fun setting up skype! good luck with all the changes.

Grandma Vic said...

While I love some changes, there are some that are really hard for me...kids moving away is number one..you two may have to be super glued to Logan.

Copyright Notice