January 2, 2010

Ice Skating

One of my FAVORITE things about growing up in "Happy Valley" was the Ice Rink at Merlin Olsen Park! It has been closed for the last several years, but this year it made a come back. (It was open for a short period last year, but we didn't get the chance to make it over). Yesterday, we bundled up and went over for a skate with our nephews and niece! I was so giddy with joy and I felt like a 10 year old when I donned my skates and stepped onto the ice!

I made it around the rink a few times with minimal spills and enjoyed every minute of it, and I was thrilled when the urge to skate hit Nate and he grabbed some skates as well! As a young teen, I remember watching and envying those women who got to skate around the park holding hands with their special someone! Yesterday, I got to do just that and for some reason I felt like I had accomplished something that has been sitting on my unwritten list of life's little goals!


It was also very enjoyable to snuggle with him in the warming hut and to think about the many hours that I used to spend around the stove with my friends - laughing and giggling, drinking watered down hot chocolate and checking out all the cute guys...



It was the perfect way to begin the New Year and I'm so glad that we went! And kudos to Ty, Dev & Hallie! They rocked their skates and were more brave than us adults who went with them!!

1 comment:

Eric and Brynn said...

Aw, love it! So jealous. Now that we moved, I never know if the rink is open or not. I am glad they are still doing it! Looks like you had a lot of fun.

Copyright Notice