This morning, instead of working on Christmas Projects after I took Nate to work, I opted to relax and turn on "Freedom Writers." I originally put this movie on our queue months ago so when I popped it in this morning, I had forgotten what the movie was about, and I was very pleasantly surprised. (If you're looking for a technical critique of the movie, you won't get it here - except that if you have kids, don't let them see it because it is violent and has a couple cuss words).

I am, by default, more of a movie listener than a movie watcher. I can watch the same movie over and over and see something new every time, because I am usually multi-tasking or my mind is not fully concentrating. This movie was different. When I started the movie I had my laptop in place for some photo editing and 5 minutes in my laptop was sitting on our footstool and I was hooked. I do not exaggerate when I say that this movie "had me at hello." Through the course of 2 hours I cried, I laughed, I got angry, and I cheered with triumph and my faith in mankind was restored (however temporarily because I'm off to work with people who sue people for a living), and I am recommending this movie to everyone who reads this blog and I'll be recommending it to people who don't!
(Oh, and for the record, I really do love my job, and I work for the good guys, so they really don't tamper with my faith in mankind!)
1 comment:
I agree with you Clar, I loved this movie too infact we own this one. Very good flick.
Post a Comment