March 31, 2009

Mother Nature

My cute cousin Audrey posted this on her blog last night and I loved it so much that I'm "stealing" it (hopefully with delayed permission) and sticking it here, because I couldn't agree more with it! Enjoy!!

I feel like it's Mother Nature's favorite time to torture me. I can just hear her talking to Father Time now. She says, "Oh, the humans are getting Spring Fever again. They are so very, very restless and the children are tired and onery from being cooped up indoors, resulting in the ability to drive the adults bonkers. Let's play a practical joke on them. Let's have it be warm and 65 degrees for three days and then, just when the humans have decided they are in complete heaven and can breathe again, basking in it's warmth, let's pull it right out from under them and make it 10 degrees for the next seven to ten days with bitter winds and icy colds. And let's do that over and over again for 31 days, non-stop. Ha, ha, ha. That sounds like so much fun!!! Neener, neener. I've got complete and utter control and those measley humans can do nothing but deal with it..." And Father Time, knowing that Mother Nature is possibly suffering from PMS or some other weird excuse for changing her mind constantly (and he's afraid to say anything because he's seen what she's capable of doing in her wrath), he nods his head and simply says "Yes, Dear."

I wish he'd stand up to her and for once yell out "Woman, make up your mind!"

3 comments:

B and J said...

It is a mean and nasty game! I am tired of it! If you story is true Father Time needs to step up and be a man!

Grandma Vic said...

What a witch..but we won't say that out loud-she might want revenge and I can't take anymore cold.

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

Amen!

Copyright Notice