
So, I've been trying to get into shape and lose a few pounds... not anything drastic, just trying to get healthy! I've been running pretty regularly and doing other exercises since the first of the year, yet I haven't been yielding the results that I had been hoping... I have been wondering why, and it finally dawned on me that running on the treadmill each day and then having a Dr. Pepper or other equally high calorie drink every day kind of counteract each other - right? So, I made a pact with Steph, my co-worker who is very health conscious, that we were only going to drink water and milk (for at least a week, because she wanted to be free to drink what she wanted on her vacation)! I am proud to say that I have gone a week and a half drinking nothing but water and a little milk (don't worry - I take a multivitamin), and I have survived! I had a caffeine withdrawal headache for a couple of days, but I have survived and I feel much better! The great thing about this though, is that I am slowly changing my eating habits and cutting out things that I shouldn't be eating, so it's good for me all around! Now if I can just find a way to cut out chocolate... ... ...
3 comments:
hey don'tget to crazy choclate is another food group they just keep it a secret!!!
good for you!! I decided long ago that pop is the devil. Every once in a while I get a craving for it, and try it, then get sick to my stomach. I'm weak. Chocolate is good for you though - I'm surprised you didn't know that!! :-)
I think we all know I need to take that plunge, but I think we all also know that isn't likely to happen any time soon. I sacrafice a lot of yummy things, Diet Coke isn't going to be one of them. Good for you!
Post a Comment