
Today, while we were waiting for the Hyrum City Parade to start (we attended with my family), I was contemplating the 4th of July and what it means... as I was thinking about it, the parade started, and the National Guard marched by with the American Flag. I was touched as I watched it passed and I remembered how grateful I am for the freedom that I have been blessed with. I love this picture because I have always loved the Statue of Liberty and the dreams and the freedom that it represents for the American People. I admit that at times, my life gets hectic and I fail to think about and be grateful for our freedom and for the people who are risking their lives to preserve that freedom. I am grateful to have been born in the time and place that was chosen for me and I am grateful for the wonderful country (despite the problems) that we live in. Happy 4th of July!!
2 comments:
Amen! When I was home this past weekend my family got on the topic of our freedom and our opportunity to practice which ever religion we desire. We truly are blessed to be a country of freedom. Your blog background looks adorable by the way:)
Thanks Clar, I love the seeing the flag. It always touches my heart but especially in parades.
Love, Ma
Post a Comment