September 19, 2014

Random May Fun - Catching Up 2014

Wow! All the way back to May? Is there really a point in playing catch up? Probably not to anyone else, but my OCD brain will go crazy if I just skip to now AND someday, I'm going to print this blog to a book and how will it look if several months are just missing? ;)

So, all the way back to May we go ...

If you recall, May was the month that I took my big trip to San Francisco for the BGCA National Conference! While I was gone, Nate did A LOT of this:

2014-05-04 16.07.46

We grew our first of two strawberries ... the rest didn't grow so well - the plant was crazy huge, we just didn't get any berries on it ... maybe next year ... this one, however, was DELISH!

2014-05-12 18.54.00-1

 Condoleeaza Rice spoke at our National Conference and she was A M A Z I N G! I purchased this book at the Conference with every intention of reading it ... several months later I'll admit that I'm still only a few chapters in ... but I maintain that I'm SUPER busy ... so that's okay!

2014-05-13 18.03.02

I spent some time at my favorite park taking some pictures for a friend ... this was intended as an Instagram "I'm lucky I get to spend my morning here" post ... I'm not sure that it ever made it ...

2014-05-17 09.04.08

At work I've been mentoring 3 kiddos, to girls and one sweet, sweet boy - who wrote me this note:

2014-05-19 15.39.54-1

I discovered Babes Bakery. One one particularly frustrating day at work I decided to treat myself to lunch. I drove and drove deciding where to go and remembered that we had been wanting to try out Babes - I gotta say, it was a wonderful decision. The Plain Jane sandwich was divine, as was the German Chocolate Cupcake that I had that day ... it is now one of our favorite places to grab lunch!!

2014-05-21 11.44.42

We had Mentor/Mentee night at the Club and played a little Hide & Go Seek. My hiding spot wasn't very creative, but it had the most beautiful view!

2014-05-28 19.27.38

There is our May in a nut shell. I'm sure that other things happened, I just don't remember what. I do remember getting home from the conference and being so exhausted but SO, SO happy to be with Nate. I sure do love that guy a lot!

No comments:

Copyright Notice