It has been a little over 24 hours since I hugged you goodbye. I took your daddy to work this morning and then I went to my work because I didn't dare come home to our now empty house. I worked with my friend and then I had a really long lunch with another friend, and then I had no where else to be, so I had to come home.
I didn't make it one step through the front door without your absence being noticed. It is so quiet here. There are no little paws walking across the kitchen floor, no crunching of your food, no meows for attention ... it's just so quiet. I know that it will take time for me to get used to the quiet - but for now, I just don't like it. It is weird at home without you. It was weird that you didn't wake me from my very limited sleep this morning in search of your breakfast. It's going to be weird for a while.
I just wanted you to know that you are missed. After I wiped my eyes for the billionth time I watched this video of you - it helped me to remember that even though you are not here with me that you are still close by.
Missing you,
Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment