May 8, 2013

Cathedral Hills

DSC_0183 copy

So Nate survived inventory - thank goodness -
and this last weekend, he finally had Saturday AND Sunday off!
On Saturday, we went to the Farmers Market 
and then spent a little time cleaning up the back 'yard' -
and on Sunday, we decided we wanted to do some exploring,
and at the suggestions of some locals we ended up hiking at Cathedral Hills!

DSC_0186

It was a BEAUTIFUL hike and we ended up being out for about 3 hours!
We met some lovely families on the trail and it was nice to chat with them
about other things to do in the area! 

DSC_0176 copy DSC_0193 copy

Anyway, here are some pics (ok, there are more than 'some')
so that you can see just how beautiful was!!

DSC_0179

DSC_0200 DSC_0205 copy

DSC_0203 copy

DSC_0206 copy

DSC_0216 copy DSC_0226 copy

DSC_0222 copy

DSC_0225 copy

DSC_0231 copy DSC_0237 copy

DSC_0239 copy

DSC_0244 copy DSC_0246 copy

DSC_0249 copy DSC_0252

DSC_0260

DSC_0268 copy

DSC_0275

We were SO intrigued by this next flower! 
The petals were two different shades of purples, 
and they were EVERYWHERE!

DSC_0282 copy

DSC_0288 copy

DSC_0290 DSC_0298 copy

DSC_0300 copy

DSC_0304 copy

Nate's keen eye caught this beautiful flower in between all the trees -
I handed him the camera and I am so in love with this shot!

DSC_0307 copy

DSC_0312 copy DSC_0319 copy

DSC_0332 copy

DSC_0344 copy

DSC_0362 copy

DSC_0368 copy

DSC_0374 copy

DSC_0382 copy

DSC_0383 copy

So sorry about the picture overload!
It was just TOO gorgeous and I'm so glad 
we brought the camera with us!

We had such a lovely time and we were so glad
that we finally had time to get up into the mountains!!

2 comments:

Jack & Debbie Campbell Johnson said...

MY GOODNESS CLAR

I CAN SEE SO MUCH OF YOUR GRANDPA CAMPBELL IN YOU...LOVE THESE PICTURES...THEY BROUGHT HIM BACK INTO FOCUS FOR ME ...HE LOVED TAKING THE SAME KIND OF PHOTOS...LOVE THAT YOU ARE A CHIP OF HIS BLOCK...
HUGS AUNT DEBBIE

Mindy said...

WOW I love all the pictures they look as if they came out of a magazine!! You have an amazing eye!! sometime I would love to head up that way!

Copyright Notice