We are finally feeling settled in!
Nate has been at his store for 3 whole weeks
and I am happy to report that he is enjoying his new job!
We've been struggling a little with the inconsistency in scheduling
because we got use to his 7-3 shift in Logan, but it's getting easier and easier,
so hopefully it won't take too much longer to get the hang of!
so hopefully it won't take too much longer to get the hang of!
I returned to my 'office' the same week Nate went back to work
and it was nice to get busy and have a purpose again!
I do get lonely during the days, but I'm grateful to have a job
that lets me work from home until I find a school to work at out here!
I'm really enjoying just being a wife! It's been years
since I haven't been a student, and I'm loving being able to
keep the house clean and to make yummy meals for my husband!!
I finally feel like I'm able to relax a little bit and rest up from my years as a student!
Here are some of the things that we have been up to:
Rascal found a favorite spot (that is not on my lap or next to me on the couch):
And had a dream where I think she may have been learning how to fly
(she was literally sprawled like this across my lap for quite a while - it was pretty funny):
(she was literally sprawled like this across my lap for quite a while - it was pretty funny):
We made our first trip to the can/bottle return center and made back $5.35 -
of course I had to capture it on camera:
We took a drive at dusk to the top of Grants Pass - and it was beautiful - it was impromptu so all I had was my phone - someday I'll take Nikki back up and get some proper photos for you -
we also got lost on our way back - it was a very exciting evening:
we also got lost on our way back - it was a very exciting evening:
And on the nights when Nate comes home from work tired,
we relax with some episodes of 'Pretty Little Liars!'
It is a pretty intense show - so if you're a light weight like me and don't handle spooky well,
make sure you watch it with someone you like to snuggle with!!
we relax with some episodes of 'Pretty Little Liars!'
It is a pretty intense show - so if you're a light weight like me and don't handle spooky well,
make sure you watch it with someone you like to snuggle with!!
We are really loving it here in Grants Pass but have to admit
that seeing all the pictures that people are posting of Cache Valley
in the fall on FB and Instagram are making me homesick!
The Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies that we found here are delicious,
but nothing will ever beat a slice of Old Gristmill Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
while walking around Old Main Hill in the fall!!
That being said, however, we are very happy here
in our new home and our new little town!!
Happy Fall, everyone!!









1 comment:
I love those bottle returns! They were all over Germany.
Post a Comment