August 30, 2012

Melted Crayon Art

So a few weeks back we had an impromptu dinner with the Wilkies!
Britt & I were discussing the wonders of Pinterest
and our love of the melted crayon art that was floating around,
and we decided to attempt our own!
After a rushed trip to Michaels,
we attempted some melted crayon art!!

2012-07-28 22.55.17

2012-07-28 22.58.48 2012-07-28 23.11.12

We attempted to run the crayons through a glue gun
so that we could give our pictures an actual shape!
If you try this, use a $2 glue gun from Michaels, because it will ruin your good one!

2012-07-28 23.31.44 2012-07-29 00.23.51

After we got our shape the way we wanted it, 
we pulled out the blow dryer ...

2012-07-29 01.01.03

While I had a fantastic time hanging out with Brittany,
I don't really love my picture!  
At this point, it is coming to Oregon with us, 
and I'll see if I can get creative with it out there
and turn it into something that I love to look at!!

2012-07-29 01.04.07

By the time we finished, it was about 1:30 in the morning!
We were tired, but persistent!!

Oh, and look at Britt's tree - I think it's so adorable!!

 

No comments:

Copyright Notice