It has been a really good weekend. I didn't study or work nearly as much as I should have, but perhaps that why it has been SO good!!
Friday night we spent the evening with Nate's family! I call them Nate's family so that you can differentiate between our families and what is going on in our lives, but really, they are my family too - in every sense of the word! Nate's sister and her family are going to be moving back East soon (seriously, does EVERYONE have to move to the East? :), and we are going to be so sad to see them go. We are also getting ready to move, which means that we won't see his brother's family as often as we do now, and that makes us sad too!
Anyway, we spent Friday evening with them! Nate, best Uncle in the world that he is, took a pounding from 5 out of the 6 kiddos, and LOVED every minute of it! (Pics to be posted later!) I got to snuggle the sweet new baby, and it was just really great to all be together.
Saturday we knocked out some 'must do's' then drove Nate's mom down to the airport. We've loved having her here and being able to spend time with her (Nate's dad was here for a week, and we LOVED seeing him as well). After we dropped her off, we met up with some friends that we haven't seen for a few years, and had a great time catching up with them and their ADORABLE little ones! After our visit, Nate & I headed to Applebees in Ogden and had a really nice date! It was great to spend some one on one time with each other, that's something that is hard to come by this Semester!
Today has been full of snuggling, cleaning, studying and of course, the Superbowl! Nate's brother Joe came Sam & Jack and there were treats, laughs and big distractions from homework!
Really, it has been a great weekend! This week might be a little more stressful because of the minimal amount of homework that got done, but I think that I'm okay with that! It was worth it for a little bit of normalcy & sanity!!
Have a good week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment