
For some reason I cannot fall asleep tonight! Nate is in bed, snoring away, and my mind just won't shut off! I decided to put a picture for each year we have been together on the side of the blog, and it got me thinking back to our High School dating days!
Most of you know that we have been together since 10th grade! We dated only each other from the time we were 15.5 to, well, now! :) We have had a whole lot of fun together over the past 14 years! Some of my favorite memories include:
- holding hands under pillows at my house so that my parents wouldn't see
- after dating for a while and saying the three little words, we used "BRAT" as code for "I Love You" so that we could say it no matter who was around
- "the cow lies in the hay" and "you have my whole pie" - coded messages that are meant for only Nate & I
- Bryce Canyon & Zions with Nate's family over Spring Break

- going to Nate's soccer games! He looked so hot in his soccer uniform!
- dancing to "Hotel California" at an after game dance, looking into Nate's eyes, and knowing that he was the one that I was meant to be with
- making Gingerbread Houses for Christmas Dance
- our ice cream fight at Macey's, that we have on video, that Nate started
- snuggling through "Tommy Boy" at Lisa's 16th Birthday Party at Anniversary Inn
- snuggling through lots of movies while hanging out at Anniversary Inn (one of my good friend's parents owned the inn while we were in High School - we hung out there a lot)

- Senior Lagoon Day
- our Graduation Trip to Biloxi, Mississippi with Jess & Phuc and sweet little Tyson, including the pickles at Mary Mahoneys
- Dancing on "our" undeveloped hill on Cliffside to "Somebody," and then being proposed to
- "Lizard Breath He-Man Lover" & "Purple Headed Cootie Girl" (don't ask)
- my promise ring that Nate brought back for me from his Band Trip our Senior Year
- hauling our luggage from the London Airport to Kings Cross Train Station in London, specifically the huge stair well that our suitcases pulled us down
- hanging out on our deck in Oregon after the rest of Nate's family went to bed

- the first time Nate held my hand! I was sitting on his lap in the back of April's Geo Metro - we had crowded way too many people in... neither one of us minded
- our first awkward kiss - Merlin Olsen Park, in the sprinklers
- our first real kiss - Merlin Olsen Park, in the sprinklers - for some reason we thought that was a good place for kissing
- "falling asleep" to virtually every movie that we watched while we were dating
- my family reunion at Beaver Mountain - for some reason we thought it would be fun to sing show tunes at the crack of dawn
- many, many trips to stay with Amanda & Obeta in Salt Lake
- our experience with "gangstas" after a school dance - it still kind of freaks me out

These memories are the tip of the iceberg! There are so many more, but it is midnight and my eyes are drooping, so I'll leave you all with these.
And to Nate, the love of my life, the one that I knew at the age of 15 that I wanted to be with forever - I love you! I love that we have so many memories and stories - and pictures to prove them :) You truly are my best friend and I can't imagine sharing a life with anyone but you!
2 comments:
Man, you guys have a history-that was like a walk down memory lane for me too...only I was the worried mom.
Aww...I love it!
Post a Comment