November 15, 2009

My Weekend in Burley...

...consisted of three wonderful things!

Thing # 1: Crazy Family

I went to Burley with my mom for a family reunion on my mom's side of the family! We left Friday after work and spent two nights at my Aunt Becky's house with my of my crazy aunts and uncles! I had a great time (I was the only niece hanging out at night) and I feel like I was really able to connect with my aunts and my uncles as well! We had some great discussions and even though they are loud and crazy, I am really grateful to belong to such a wonderful family! I did take a lot of pictures, but I don't have any with me in them yet, so as they begin to appear on blogs, I'll throw some up here...

Thing # 2: Long Lost Friends Mentors Family

When I was 11 years old, I had the BEST teachers (Merrie Miss/Sunday School) in the world! I have so many fond memories of them (except for the deer meat incident which caused me, to this day, to never eat red meat again), and I have always felt so grateful that I got to know them. They used to tease me that when they had a baby girl they were going to name her after me, but it turns out, they weren't teasing. They really did. It touches me and flatters me and I want them to know (because I know now that they check my blog) that I have the same affection for them. We lost touch a few years after Nate & I got married and a few months back we realized (through blogging) that they lived by my cousin! I was able to visit with them this weekend and had such a great time! It really made my weekend! (And Julie, if you're reading this, I'll get you copies of these pictures... but they probably won't come until I send your Christmas Card! Love you guys!)




Thing # 3: Pictures... what else?

My adorable cousin Brittany is also an aspiring photographer and it turns out that Burley is a photographer's heaven! There are so many awesome locations! We went out for a bit (a short bit because it was FREEZING) to shoot a few pictures of each other! I had a great time with her and I look forward to shooting with her in the future! I'll fancy up some of the photos and throw them on my photo blog later this week, but here is one of the two of us! And for the record, she has the cutest accessories in the world!!


It was a good weekend and I am grateful that I was able to go!

3 comments:

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

I'm glad you had fun and you look super cute in that hat! :)

jeff and char said...

I am glad you were able to see the Bott's, it is a small world that is for sure it was fun seeing you this weekend, you and bert look alike I think!

Wendy said...

CLARRISSA IT WAS SO FUN VISITING YOU AND I LOVE YA TONS THANKS FOE SHARING SOME OF YOUR VIEWS WITH ME HAVE A GREAT WEEK I LOVE THE PIC I NEED TO HIRE YOU FOR NORM AND I XNAS PICS

Copyright Notice