September 21, 2009

Today I'm Feeling Old...

You might be asking yourself why...

Almost 12 years ago this little guy was born!


Last night I talked to him, and his voice ... yes ... I can say it ... his voice is getting deeper ... he is changing from my sweet little nephew who used to cuddle and play Toy Story into a middle schooling teenager with a cell phone and a girlfriend! I love him to pieces and I am so proud of him ... but he makes me feel old!


Since he was born, I have become an aunt 14 times! That means 14 delicious, squishy, beautiful, adorable, babies! 14 squishy little bums! 14 sweet pairs of eyes to gaze into... oh how I love each of those babies and their squishy baby bums and their beautiful eyes!! Each year they grow older, which means that I am growing older as well...

I'm grateful that I have these 14 squishy kids and pre-teens in my life to help me find the joy in the little things and to remind me that it's okay to let out my inner child sometimes ... if I could just find a way to stop them from growing ...

3 comments:

Debbie Campbell Johnson said...

CLAR
YOU ARE A SO SPECIAL
EACH OF THOSE LITTLE NIECES AND NEPHEWS ARE SO LUCKY TO HAVE YOU AND NATE AS THEIR AUNT AND UNCLE.
KEEP HAVING ALL THOSE SPECIAL MOMENTS WITH THEM AND ALWAYS KNOW THEY LOVE YOU BOTH.
THANKS FOR SHARING
HUGS
AUNT DEB

The Bandleys said...

You are old (hee, hee, hee)

Jessica Tran said...

As the mom of this middle schooler I feel especially old, thanks for the pics though, it brought back lots of memories to see Tyson as a baby! Love ya, Jess

Copyright Notice