June 18, 2009

Thursday Throwback - Statue of Liberty


Going to the Statue of Liberty has always been on the top of my life to do list! Learning about it when I was young helped me appreciate the freedom that we are blessed with and in 2006 I was lucky enough to see it twice!

I have a sister who, for now, lives in New Jersey and can get to Manhattan quite easily! I was able to go to her house (once for a visit and once as a baby sitter with our good friend Brynn) and both times I was able to make it to the Statue of Liberty!

It was so fun to go with Amanda and the kids and to see the monument through the eyes of my nephews and nieces!


It was also fun to go with Brynn and to experience the monument through the eyes of a teacher!


Going to the Statue of Liberty, twice, is truly a life dream fulfilled! I am grateful for what it represents for me personally and for the country that we live in! I can't wait to go back with Nate someday!! (3rd times a charm, right?)

No comments:

Copyright Notice