September 11, 2008

Today

I couldn't let today pass without acknowledging what today, September 11th, means to our Country and to me as a citizen. I didn't lose anyone close to me in this tragedy, but as an American, I lost my sense of comfort. Greater than losing my sense of comfort, however, I gained new faith in humanity. The amazing deeds that were done to help those who were in need boisted my patriotism, and I felt a new love and respect develop for this Country that we live in. I can't say that I think about it every day, but when I see a flag or a person in uniform, or when I hear our National Anthem, my heart swells with pride to be an American.

The following is a tribute that Nate & I heard for the first time on Christmas Eve in 2001 - I'm sure it came out not long after the attacks, but I remember driving to our hotel from Papa Johns and being frozen when it came on. It is beautiful. Enjoy. Oh, and you may want to have a tissue handy!

1 comment:

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

Wow! I'd never seen it or heard it, I'd only read the letter(which I posted on my blog today, great minds think alike, right?)and that alone gave me chills. Thank you for sharing Clar. I am sitting here in tears and remembering.

Copyright Notice