September 27, 2008

The Greatest Show on Earth


Today was a big day for us! It was our very first Circus! (Nate went to one when he was really little but didn't remember it, so we'll consider this one his first!) Lynnette was able to get great tickets through her work, so we loaded up and drove down today! I felt kind of like a kid at Christmas Time! There was so much going on and the stunts were freakin' amazing! Seriously - they did some crazy sh...tuff...


After the show, we went and had some lunch and this question came up. "If you were to join the Circus, what would you be?" My answer was either the girl on the rings who was extremely graceful and apparently very strong, or, the guys on the bouncy rings... (I'm not sure how else to describe them - they were like huge, AWESOME, bouncing donut things...)


Jack did great! He got a little restless because he didn't quite understand that we were just supposed to sit and be amazed so he got passed around quite a bit, but we had a good time with him - as always!


Nate's answer to the above question would be the Tiger Tamer! (He would look hot in the tiger print vest that was being worn... insert sexy meow) The animals were absolutely beautiful! There was even one who was sprawled out licking her paws for a few minutes - kind of reminds us of another cat we know!


The elephants were quite entertaining! They had some pretty cool tricks that they did - and I loved how they held each others tails with their trunks! (I've got an "awwww, that's so cute" button when it comes to animals doing tricks.)


Sam was quite amazed by the whole thing! The poor guy has been sick but he was a trooper! After we finished eating, he was lagging behind so I helped him out a bit... if you ask him, he'll tell you there are two rules to getting a piggy back ride from me - no throwing up in my hair and no farting on my hands!

We enjoyed our first circus quite a bit and have concluded that yes, it really is, The Greatest Show on Earth!

4 comments:

Erica Huff said...

We have never been. Looks really fun! And tell Nate that yes, he would look great in that jacket! :)

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

That's awesome you guys went to the circus. Britt hates the circus, probably because she hates clowns. I always thought the circus was cool though.

I do disagree with Nate's choice though. I think he should be the beared lady. But that is more of a carnie job than a circus job.

marci said...

you're tellin' me! james still makes fun of me for my child-like enthusiasian for the circus!! it is truly AMAZING isn't it!! i LOVE it, LOVE it, LOVE it! but james thinks it would not be a good yearly tradition for some reason. i'm so glad you guys love it too. you got some great photos..must have been really close! and in case you are wondering, i think i would be the trapeze girls...they pretty much fly through the air.

Becky and Paul said...

HI THE CIRCUS LOOKS LIKE FUN. YOU AND NATE LOOK SO HAPPY. TAKE CARE AND KEEP HAVING FUN. LOVE YOU, AUNT BECKY

Copyright Notice