Yumm, Yumm, Yumm! My sister-in-law, Ollie, is from Arkansas. That's in the South. You know, in the South, where they cook like they were put here on the earth to fill our bellies with tasty goodness. In 2005, we took a family trip to Oregon where we stayed at a Beach House for a week - but that is not the point of my post. It was in August of 2005 that I first tasted Ollie's homemade biscuits and chocolate gravy? Yes, you heard me right, CHOCOLATE GRAVY. It tastes like a little piece of chocolate heaven. Well, last Wednesday, I was reminded of the goodness that is chocolate gravy when we decided to make some impromptu brinner (Scrubs lingo for eating breakfast for dinner). Ollie was willing, and, I dare say, excited to do some cooking (I'll never meet anyone who loves to cook as much as she does, or who is as good at it). We corralled the babies, pulled out the pans, and had a proper brinner complete with homemade biscuits and chocolate gravy, bacon (not cooked by myself, I've already learned my lesson with bacon), my hash brown & egg specialty, and Ollie's chocolate banana shakes! It was, I daresay, the best brinner that I have ever had! Good food, lots of laughing, full bellies and leftovers!! And, oh, that chocolate gravy! If you ever get a chanced to taste chocolate gravy made by someone in the South, TAKE IT, I beg of you. You will never look at biscuits and gravy the same again! (But stay away from Ollie, she's my personal chef! You must look for your own!)
May 17, 2008
Southern Style Brinner
Yumm, Yumm, Yumm! My sister-in-law, Ollie, is from Arkansas. That's in the South. You know, in the South, where they cook like they were put here on the earth to fill our bellies with tasty goodness. In 2005, we took a family trip to Oregon where we stayed at a Beach House for a week - but that is not the point of my post. It was in August of 2005 that I first tasted Ollie's homemade biscuits and chocolate gravy? Yes, you heard me right, CHOCOLATE GRAVY. It tastes like a little piece of chocolate heaven. Well, last Wednesday, I was reminded of the goodness that is chocolate gravy when we decided to make some impromptu brinner (Scrubs lingo for eating breakfast for dinner). Ollie was willing, and, I dare say, excited to do some cooking (I'll never meet anyone who loves to cook as much as she does, or who is as good at it). We corralled the babies, pulled out the pans, and had a proper brinner complete with homemade biscuits and chocolate gravy, bacon (not cooked by myself, I've already learned my lesson with bacon), my hash brown & egg specialty, and Ollie's chocolate banana shakes! It was, I daresay, the best brinner that I have ever had! Good food, lots of laughing, full bellies and leftovers!! And, oh, that chocolate gravy! If you ever get a chanced to taste chocolate gravy made by someone in the South, TAKE IT, I beg of you. You will never look at biscuits and gravy the same again! (But stay away from Ollie, she's my personal chef! You must look for your own!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Chocolate gravy? Hmmm....sounds interesting!
Where's the recipe? I want to try it! Nothing can get better then chocolate for brinner, right?
Post a Comment