March 29, 2008

Multicultural Messiah

So, those of you who know me well know that as of late, I have been... 
addicted (for lack of better word)... to American Sign Language!
 I think in ASL, I have been dreaming in ASL, and at times I find myself talking to myself in ASL. 
Well, every year for the past 7 years USU, in addition to other sponsors and performers
 have put on the Multicultural Messiah. 
Being in the field of Deaf Education I was excited to attend because,
 hopefully next year, I will be performing as an interpreter in the Multicultural Messiah. 
We were both very moved by the complete performance 
but I have to admit that I couldn't take my eyes off of the interpreters. 
They did a wonderful job in depicting the life of Christ and although we were at a public place 
that had nothing to do with Church, I was able to feel of God's love for His children. 
We are grateful that we were able to attend and can't wait to be a part of this wonderful event!
 If you want to learn more about the Multicultural Messiah or to see some video clips from the production, 
visit this link: www.multiculturalmessiah.org

1 comment:

Erica Huff said...

I am so jealous! It has always been my dream to learn sign language but..... I know, I know - no excuses. I'm so glad that you love it though! You are awesome!! Sorry that we couldn't make it up to see you guys. With only a few days - we didn't even give family as much attention that they wanted. Hope you guys are well. Call me when you can!

Copyright Notice