February 15, 2008

Valentines Day


I think, that out of our almost 8 years of marriage and 12 years as a couple, that this Valentines Day tops them all!! We have been discussing for the last week or so what we were going to do, and nothing was ever decided! My sweet husband, however, suprised me with flowers on the table when I woke up yesterday morning! I was very surprised at his sneakiness because I was with him the whole previous night! Anyway, throughout the day I tried and tried to think of something that would surprise him in return, and about 10:00 in the morning, it hit me! I started calling around to ALL the hotels (well, the nicer ones anyway) and finally booked a room for the evening (turns out that's a popular thing to do on Valentines Day! It was hard to find a room)! Through a series of twists & turns and with the help of Ollie & Lynnette (thanks guys!) I was able to surprise Nate with a romantic night out!! We had a great time and I am very blessed to have my Valentine not only as a Valentine, but as my husband and my best friend for all eternity!!

1 comment:

Erica Huff said...

You guys are too cute. What a wonderful holiday!

Copyright Notice