January 17, 2008

Ready, Set, Watch



All right, here's the truth! Running is not my thing. I have never enjoyed it, I have never wanted to do it, in High School - I walked around the track with my friends and sang songs when we were supposed to be running the mile (I was so cool)! However, one of my New Years Resolutions is to get into shape. Not lose weight - I feel I am at a pretty healthy weight, but to be physically fit. So far this week I have completed the mile three times (I'm not going to embarrass myself by telling you my time - I'll wait till it comes down a little) and I attribute that success to the best running companion ever - ALIAS. We are ALIAS buffs - we have the complete collection - but it's been quite a while since we have watched it! My rule is that I can't watch it now unless I am on the treadmill - I get to get in shape and be rewarded at the same time! It is full of action, great music and a captivating story line! I don't look down at the treadmill screen until I feel like I am ready to collapse because I am so entertained! So, if you are a fellow un-enthused runner - give it a whirl! You may just find yourself inspired!

1 comment:

Erica Huff said...

I could never get you to run! Congratulations on the mile. That really is a feat! Trust me - i know. Your time will come down - and the miles will go up and you will learn to love it like the rest of us. I can't run unless i've got really good music or I am watching something. It is too boring on a treadmill.

Copyright Notice