February 15, 2014

The Barn Party

I can't believe that it is the middle of February - I've been a little MIA
because I spend my days at work building a website and the last thing
that I want to do when I get home is stare at my computer screen ...

however; it is Saturday and I've gotten A LOT done today that
has nothing to do with being on the computer, so I'm ready to do a few updates!

After the first of the year Nate & I were invited to attend our first Barn Party!
It is traditional for everyone to bring their dead Christmas trees to the pary
for a bon-fire, eat chili and square dance! Nate wasn't crazy about the idea,
but he obliged to my puppy dog eyes and my sweet, charming smile (hee hee)!

2014-01-04 19.52.50

We ended up having a WONDERFUL time! They had prepared several
different types of chili, among bear and elk, and Nate had fun trying them out!

Here is the Facebook post and discussion that followed after he ate the bear ...

Doc1
I talked Nate into trying out some square dancing and as much as he 
hates to admit it, he did have a little bit of fun dancing with me in the barn,
you know ... do sa do style!! We danced through a couple of the sessions
and then we spent some time sitting out by the fires ... it was pretty
fun watching those Christmas Trees go up in flames ...

2014-01-04 20.13.35 2014-01-04 19.53.22


It was a really fun night and big step towards our induction
into the hick life that comes with living in Grants Pass!!

No comments:

Copyright Notice