For some reason I'm feeling quite introspective this morning ... It's a quiet morning at my house - Nate is at work, Talia (our roommate, in case you missed my last post) is rehearsing for her Worship Service - which I'll be attending later to hear her sing, and I'm feeling like it's the perfect time for me to dig deep!
It is really hard to believe that we have only been in Oregon for just over a year .... life here has gotten very comfortable and it seems like we have always been here. As I was coming back from driving Nate to work this morning I had to drop off a few pieces of mail and while I was stopped at the mail drop, I took this picture:
I remember back when Nate told me that Grants Pass was a possibility for his transfer and when I typed it into Google, this sign was the first thing that popped up. I remember feeling so intrigued by the sign and the scenery behind it - the town is definitely not perfect, but there are days when I cannot believe that I am lucky enough to live in this beautiful area where it truly Is The Climate.
Every time I get to drive down 6th street, or over the Parkway, or to Medford or Eugene I am struck by how completely beautiful it is here! Cache Valley is beautiful too - I mean no disrespect to where I come from - but there is something about this area that tugs at my heart strings and makes me feel like I'm at home! (Not to mention the fact that we are only two hours away from the ocean, and that the ocean calls to me every single day ...)
We have started developing our 'family' out here - people we work with, friends we are making, children we are adoring, and it is making life so much sweeter for us. It was really hard for the first couple of months to be away from everyone and everything that we knew, but now that we have settled in and have started living our life out here, we know this is where we are meant to be.
That being said, however; it is still really hard to be away from our families and our friends and the things and people that we love so much! We have so many loved ones that are struggling with so many different things right now and it would be so much easier to be able to give physical and helpful support if we were there. It's hard to feel responsible and compassionate for so many people but to be so far away from them - I really feel that this is my challenge right now. Where do I draw the line between supporting them, loving them and praying for them and feeling like it's up to me to help them, save them and be there for them?
I suppose that is the true reason for this post. Yes, life is good here for Nate & I in Grants Pass - we have our struggles but we are also solid enough that we can work through those struggles together to make sense of them and to handle them, but what about the rest of the world? What about those that I know personally, what about those in Grants Pass who need help that I can't touch, what about those throughout the Country and those throughout the World. I've never understood the concept of certain people being born into privilege and other people being born into poverty - there is so much hurt and sorrow in the world that sometimes it threatens to suffocate me. My eyes have been opened so wide since we have moved out of sheltered Logan, Utah and I have seen so much pain in the eyes of the Children that we serve at the Club.
I'm not really looking for a specific response, I'm just putting my thoughts down because they seem to be flooding my mind - I need to sort them out and work with God on adjusting my perspective and the things that I am feeling ... I'll keep you posted.
God Bless and Happy Sunday.

No comments:
Post a Comment