June 11, 2013

Raspberries

Last Saturday morning I was talking to my dad on the phone!
As I was talking to him, I opened up the blinds that lead to our back patio
and whatever he was saying was interrupted with a squeal of delight (sorry, dad)!!

My raspberries turned and I was so excited!!
DSC_0179

Later that day I went out and harvested my very first raspberries!
(I'm calling them MINE because Nate isn't a huge fan
of berries with seeds, so even though he is wonderful and waters them for me,
he doesn't intend on eating many of them - which suits me just fine!!)


I got a whole TWO out of the batch, and even though they weren't super sweet yet,
they were DELICIOUS!

2013-06-01 20.42.54

2013-06-01 20.41.58

One of the things that I miss MOST about Logan (aside from our family and friends)
is the giant raspberry patch in my mom's garden! The last few summers before we
moved away, I really enjoyed spending time out there picking and eating the tasty
berries! I was so excited when we found a raspberry bush at our farmer's market
last month! Hopefully having some berries of my own will keep me from being
super homesick this summer!! :)

No comments:

Copyright Notice