
(image courtesy of MSN.com)
I can't believe that it has been ten years. As I traveled through the world wide web today and saw images and read stories of the events that unfolded ten years ago, my dedication to being grateful for my country was renewed. I haven't forgotten, I will NEVER forget, but it may have been pushed to the back of my mind. I told Nate that I'm glad that 9/11 will never be known as a National Holiday, because then people will forget and use the weekend to go on vacation, and that is NOT what remembering this day is for.
I found the above picture on MSN as I was reading through the different stories and I fell in love with it. I am SO grateful to be part of a nation that stood together after the months of this horrific event. I am SO grateful for those that are serving in the military and that are keeping our country safe. I am SO grateful for our families and for the fact that we get to hug them and talk to them and be in their presence for at least another day, because no one knows what is going to happen in the future.
May we NEVER forget. May we NEVER take what we have for granted. Let us always remember to stand up for and preserve the freedoms that we have been blessed with.
3 comments:
Amen to everything you said!! Love your thoughts and pictures and of course love ya too!
That photo is awesome! Thanks for sharing! I was looking over the scrapbook page you helped me make and remembering. Love ya!
Thanks daughter
Post a Comment