
Working on these pictures make me think of this song, which we sang in my high school girls choir:
And hearing that song makes me think of this song, which we also sang! (I'm pretty sure we sang them at the same concert ... perhaps our student teacher had an Andrews Sisters fetish!!) That being said, I LOVED this song! It was so much fun to sing.
After my girls glee days, I was lucky enough to make it into Chauntaires, and it was there that I fell in love with this song:
(Obviously not my choir singing it, but we had just as much fun, AND, we had awesome percussion. If I EVER find a video, I'll be sure to post it on here).
AND,
\
(Again, not my choir)
And, the most beautiful version of "All Creatures of our God and King" and the "Battle Hymn of the Republic" (which was sung at every graduation at my school)!!
These songs are just the tip of the musical iceberg when I think about the songs that we sang and that I grew to love through my choir classes in high school!! My girls glee class in middle school is solely responsible for introducing me to 'Les Miserables' and so many other wonderful songs!! Maybe someday I'll upload the videos of my choirs, yes, I think I'd like to do that, but until then (really, until I graduate and have some time on my hands), this small piece of my memory will have to suffice!!
Funny how a little moment of taking pictures of my beautiful niece under an apple tree brought back all of these great memories!!
1 comment:
your grandpa and great grandpa Campbell used to sing the apple tree song all the time..I miss them
Post a Comment