Yesterday I was able to head over to Tremonton with my parents to visit my grandfather's grave and to spend some time with my sweet grandma! She has just been moved to a nursing home and is having quite a difficult time adjusting, so it was really nice for me to be able to spend some time with her!!
(I shot a wedding a few weeks back in the rain and got these cute boots to keep my feet dry! My mom insisted on taking a few photos of them and we snapped a couple other photos as well!!)
(they also come in good when you want to jump around in rain puddles!!)
It has been pretty rainy here, and we actually got a little snow! I had my mom snap a few photos as we were driving home - I was driving and it was too pretty to pass up!!
We picked up Nate on our way back and headed to my cousin's grave in Millville! The clouds were beautiful there too!!
We spent the afternoon/evening with my parents playing cards and chatting!
This morning we woke up and went to the Logan Cemetery to Release a Balloon for our Loved Ones and to visit Nate's aunt's grave!
It was pretty chilly and windy, but the sun broke for a few minutes as the balloons were being released and again, it was a very touching experience! There is something beautiful and amazing about watching the balloons float up with messages that are written for those that have passed on! I got a lot of photos last year, so I thought this year I'd get video of the balloons being released! The adorable girl that is talking at the beginning of the video is Mikelle, the sister of my childhood friend Anita who passed away 7 years ago! She organized this event and I'm so grateful that we were able to take part of it!!
This year, Nate & I added two additional balloons to the six we sent up last year. While it is hard to think of the lives our loved ones could have led, we are grateful for the knowledge that they are in a better place and that we will see them again!
2 comments:
The balloon release gave me chills...thanks for sharing that moment. Love ya
The balloon release is such a great idea. Also, I love the boots! And you!
Post a Comment