Yesterday, Nate & I were privileged to attend "Release a Balloon for a Loved One" at the Logan Cemetery.
This event was close to my heart because it was organized by the little sister of one of my childhood friends that passed away 6 years ago. I was touched to receive a warm welcome by Anita's sister and parents and I am so grateful for the influence of their family in my life.
Nate & I talked about our loved ones who have passed away and ended up sending up six balloons yesterday. In our 30 years combined we have lost 4 grandparents, a cousin and a close friend, and watching the balloons raise up yesterday while thinking about them was a very emotional experience.


We are so grateful for the influences of our loved ones - whether through personal relationships or stories we have heard about them - on our lives. This was a wonderful way to remember those that we love and we are both very grateful that we took the time to attend and to take advantage of the meaning of Memorial Day!
2 comments:
Clarissa what a wonderful thing to do. I hope whoever it was who started this keeps it up. I got thinking about the last 30 years and the loved ones/ friends I have lost and I counted 16. They all had an impact on my life or my children's life. Glad you had a wonderful time. Love ya, Shawna
Great blog...thanks and thanks for having lunch with us. We opted to go for a drive instead of a show, so we went to Newton and saw great great grandpa Curtis grave. It is a new one and had their kids names on it and it is his wife who is named Clarissa Anne. They had several sons and one daughter named Sophronia. I took pics. We took some barn shots, found a delightful greenhouse called Plum Crazy and bought more plants...yeah we are nuts. It was a great day. Love ya
Post a Comment