
We have been watching A LOT, a lot, a lot of Soccer! Nate is loving it ... I am loving that he is enjoying it! It only happens once every 4 years, so I'm trying to be patient and let him watch as much of it as he desires!

This weekend was the Summerfest! If you haven't heard by now, we LOVE, LUHV, LUV the Summerfest! Our attendance this year was abundant (some planned, some not - thanks Britt for letting me hang with you & the kids) and we enjoyed every minute of it! As we were walking to our car after attending a wonderful evening with the Dutson family, we attempted to pin down the the reason we love it so much. While we couldn't come up with anything conclusive, the things that we discussed included:
- the wonderful live music
- plentiful photography booths
- seeing people's interpretation of art (there were some amazing booths this year)
- crepes! yummy yummy crepes!
- the ease of people watching
- the artsy crowd
- the general feeling of festiveness
We also decided that someday, when we grow up and move away, we will do our best to make the Summerfest a part of our yearly tradition!!
Over the past few weeks I have had several photography shoots! It has been keeping me busy and I have loved EVERY SINGLE MINUTE of it!! I have shot families, brand new babies (I had the opportunity to shoot a newborn 10 minutes after her birth and it was amazing), Senior Photos ... AND, I now have access to a studio that can be rented by the hour! I had a shoot there last week and I believe it was the beginning of what will be a beautiful friendship!
We have also been spending a significant amount of time with our nephews and nieces that live here in the valley! We love having them close and we enjoy every minute that we spend with them! We are also also anxiously anticipating the birth of another sweet niece within the next few weeks, which will bring us to #15! We are so grateful for all of the kiddos in our lives (BFF's - that includes yours as well - I hope you know that) and we love them ALL so very much!

In case you're wondering how my math attempts are going, I'm sad to report that they are going very slowly! In my defense, last week was a full time week for me so I didn't get a chance to attend - I'm hoping once I'm able to devote a significant amount of time to my efforts my report will be much more positive! However, I am doing it and am confident that my efforts will be successful by the end of the summer!
As you can see, we've had a pretty eventful summer thus far! We have much to look forward to as we anticipate visits to and from family, the aforementioned new niece, hanging out with our wonderful friends and spending time together! We are also looking forward to a trip to the Salt Flats to stretch our photo skills (yes, Nate is excited also), spending some time at Bear Lake and taking advantage of the beautiful mountains that surround where we live!!
Viva La Summer!
1 comment:
Love the flower picture :)
I am glad you are having a good summer!
Post a Comment