March 20, 2010

Trip to Zions - Part I


As I mentioned before, to celebrate our Anniversary & take some time away for Spring Break, we headed down to Southern Utah & spent some time at Zions National Park! We went for 4 days and took way too many pictures to post, so I'm posting in small segments so that I can try to keep myself organized and in check!


We stayed at the beautiful Desert Pearl Inn in Springdale! If you ever make a trip to Zions and need a place to stay, we definitely recommend this Hotel! It was gorgeous and fresh and built to suit their patrons! And, it's only a 2 minute drive from the park entrance and I-Max movie theater!



We enjoyed breakfast on our deck and were pretty amused by the dishwasher in our room!



We also had a beautiful view from our room! We loved waking up in the morning and looking at the mountains through our window wall! It was gorgeous!!

We had decent weather for the most part, but we did see some snow! It was chilly, but we didn't let it ruin our fun :)




We also tried out some local cuisine and fell in love with Oscar's Cafe! I opted for the free range chicken sandwich complete with yummy sweet potato fries while Nate went all out and got the "Murder Burger." The menu said that it was "to die for," so Nate decided he better try it! All that I can say about it is that it was huge and burgery and Nate looked like he enjoyed it - a lot!


So there you have it! The technicalities of our trip! I'm still organizing and editing our pics from the park, but you can bet we'll be posting them soon!!

2 comments:

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

Fun! It looks beautiful! Happy Anniversary guys! :)

Debbie Campbell Johnson said...

HEY HAPPY ANNI
LOOKS LLIKE YA HAD A BLAST
JACK AND I WERE THINKING OF GOING THERE THIS NEXT WEEK, COULD YOU EMAIL THE PHONE # OF MOTEL AND ANY DIRECTIONS AND HOW FAR IS IT FROM LOGAN
WE'VE NEVER BEEN UP THERE.

HUGS SWEETIE
AUNT DEB

Copyright Notice