October 8, 2013

Letter # 7

Dear Rascal,

It has been several days since I have written anything, but please be assured that I haven't stopped thinking about you. I've had a couple of dreams about you over the last several days and I always wake up missing you.

Your daddy and I picked up your ashes last Saturday. When we went to the Vet's Office we weren't sure how we were going to feel. It was really hard to walk back in there knowing that the last time that we were there was the last time that we saw you. I didn't begin to cry, though, until they pulled out the tin that your ashes are in. It is so, so small, just like you were. I didn't expect it to be the same weight that you were (I don't know why, that was silly of me) and when I picked it up I was startled at how much 'like you' it felt. I will admit that I hugged it and I felt comfort in knowing that a part of you was coming home with us again.

We went to Joanne's and picked out some orange and white polka dot ribbon to tie around the tin and we printed up our favorite picture of you so that we could set them on the piano next to one another. I dried one of the flowers that my co-workers gave to me and put it in the frame with your picture - their kindness over the last few weeks has been amazing and they understand just how much we miss you!

2013-10-05 13.04.33

Tonight I am changing the living room around - if you were here you'd be laying at my feet every time I try to rest for a minute, or when I just talked to your daddy on the phone you would have tried to climb into my lap. Even as I type this I'm sitting on the floor and I keep expecting for you to climb up and lay on my lap/hand/arm/chest/laptop (wherever you could squeeze in).

It is definitely safe to say that you are missed so very much and that even though you might not be here 'forcing' your way on to my lap, your spirit is most definitely here!  We talk about you every single day and we are so grateful that we have so many wonderful memories of you.

Love you, baby!
Mommy (and daddy too)

This is our favorite picture of you. I took it earlier this year when I was attempting to sew a skirt. I had laid the pattern out on the floor to cut and you thought it would be fun to sit right on the edge of it - exactly where I was going to cut. Yep ... you definitely lived up to your name!

DSC_0460

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Thinking of You Clarissa and wishin I could be nearer to help cheer you up

Copyright Notice