Our Christmas Tree -
For the last several years, our trees have consisted of little wooden
trees that hold lights because we didn't have room for a proper tree!
We were so excited to get our tree this year and to have it in our living room!!
We have a random assortment of Christmas ornaments
ranging from some that we bought our first Christmas together
and some straight from Broncos country!
(and they're not tacky AT ALL ;)
Our newest ornament is our Utah State Aggie gnome!
For the last several years, our trees have consisted of little wooden
trees that hold lights because we didn't have room for a proper tree!
We were so excited to get our tree this year and to have it in our living room!!
We have a random assortment of Christmas ornaments
ranging from some that we bought our first Christmas together
and some straight from Broncos country!
(and they're not tacky AT ALL ;)
Our newest ornament is our Utah State Aggie gnome!
A short visit ...
Nate's parents & Tom came down the weekend before Christmas
and it was SO GOOD to see them and to spend some time with them!
We had our traditional Christmas Breakfast,
we took a drive to Reinhart,
Lynnette & I shopped while the guys watched football,
and we had a great time catching up!
Oh ... and I ate Shrimp (which I've never done -
apparently hanging with family at Christmas
inspires me to be more brave ... )






Christmas Day ...
We slept in, we had our Christmas cereal,
we watched the 'Rockette Spectacular' on Netflix,
we nixed our plans for a fancy Chinese Food lunch and had leftovers instead,
and we skyped with our families - for hours -
and it was perfect!
It was our very first Christmas where we didn't have to leave our house,
and while we missed hanging out with our families,
it was kind of nice that way!!




Nate surprised me and got me a heavyweight punching bag!
I have been wanting one for years (I know, I'm strange)
but I LOVE it!!

It was so weird to be so far away from all of our family,
but our first holidays away from home were still sweet
and we feel very blessed!!
Nate's parents & Tom came down the weekend before Christmas
and it was SO GOOD to see them and to spend some time with them!
We had our traditional Christmas Breakfast,
we took a drive to Reinhart,
Lynnette & I shopped while the guys watched football,
and we had a great time catching up!
Oh ... and I ate Shrimp (which I've never done -
apparently hanging with family at Christmas
inspires me to be more brave ... )






Christmas Day ...
We slept in, we had our Christmas cereal,
we watched the 'Rockette Spectacular' on Netflix,
we nixed our plans for a fancy Chinese Food lunch and had leftovers instead,
and we skyped with our families - for hours -
and it was perfect!
It was our very first Christmas where we didn't have to leave our house,
and while we missed hanging out with our families,
it was kind of nice that way!!




Nate surprised me and got me a heavyweight punching bag!
I have been wanting one for years (I know, I'm strange)
but I LOVE it!!

It was so weird to be so far away from all of our family,
but our first holidays away from home were still sweet
and we feel very blessed!!
















No comments:
Post a Comment