Why is it that I get terrified by Thunderstorms and they don't bother Nate? We were both in the car when the lightening struck - it's annoying. Last night we were at a baseball game of a very cute little guy and a crack of thunder drove me to the car. The rain that came down and the lightening that struck soon after drove everyone else to their cars too, but I'm annoyed that I was the first ... Grrr ...
We spent some time with my parents last evening and I found a few scrapbooks that my mom had made! One of them was about our trip to California when I was in 5th grade! I opened it up, read the first page and suddenly I was 10 years old again ... The memories that came with looking at the scrapbook are sweet and I'm grateful that my mom is such a "journaler" - I brought the book home with me so that I could type up what she had written and scan in a few of the things that we had saved from the trip - you can be expecting a post on that later.
I had a dream last night in which I was holding a beautiful baby girl. She wasn't my baby, but the other people in my dream (I have no idea who they were by the way) kept saying things like, "that's going to be you soon," and "look at what a natural you are, you're going to be great." I woke up feeling a mixture of sadness and hope. I was talking with a fellow infertility "haver" (for lack of better term) last week and we talked about hope. We both agreed that while it is good to have hope, the days when you are full of hope are some of the hardest days because at the end of the day, you still go home with nothing and most times it hurts worse than having no expectations. My dream last night gave me hope - it might be a rough day today.
My sister and her family will be here in a week!! I haven't seen them for over a year, and I CAN'T wait for them to get here! Spending time with our families, though sometimes exhausting, rejuvenates me and I can't wait for them to arrive!!
So, there's what is on my mind this morning! I'm riding my bike to work today, so I'd better get going because it always takes me a few minutes longer to get there!!
Oh, and because it physically hurts me to draft a post with no photos, here's a picture for your amusement. Ignore the fact that I look like a preschooler and check out my hot pink bike!!
2 comments:
Hey, you said you felt 10 again..why not go for the school look...like the pics and posts. Thanks for helping us. Love ya
Love you. That is all.
Post a Comment