March 17, 2011

... wisdom ...

why?

why do they call them wisdom teeth?

they didn't make me feel any smarter and they sure don't feel good after getting extracted...


i am now in the still numb, not quite swollen but turning yellow phase in the recovery and i'm pretty sure i hate it. at first i was kind of excited at the prospect of eating things like pudding and jell-o for every meal, but now, i'm pretty sick of it! i did branch out yesterday to cottage cheese and soft peaches, and the drive through at KFC has definitely benefited from my bad teeth (hello mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese)...

really, all i want is to be able to kiss nate, brush my teeth with a vengeance and take a big old bite out of something that has to be chewed... oh, and to sleep. i didn't know that having teeth extracted would make me unable to sleep.

so, two questions for you out there in the blogging world who may happen to drop by:
1 - how long did it take you to recover, because i'm longing to feel normal again
and
2 - any tips on ways to relieve pressure, sinus headaches (because i can't blow my nose) and or numb/tingly lips?

3 comments:

The Gardner's said...

oh, I am SO sorry! I don't remember everything about it, but I remember mine was very painful for quite a while! I know that it was about 2-3 weeks until I could really eat again. It was awful! I hope you get feeling better soon!

Grandma Vic said...

It took a could two weeks and then it was still tender-hey did you see fairies dancing on the fan? Use ice and cold cloths on your sinus and lots of ibuprofen for the pain. The lips are just weird cause Nate hasn't been making out with you as much. Sorry you hurt. Do you want to come out Sunday and I'll make some soft dinner food?

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

I'm sorry you're hurting my love! You are really not helping me out in my need to get my wisdom taken out! I need to do it. But I don't want to. Anyway, hurry and feel better so we can play! Love you! :)

Copyright Notice