January 4, 2011

*** {30} Questions about {2010} ***

I think that I say this every year, but I can't believe that the New Year is here!! Really, it feels like we welcomed 2010 in just a few weeks ago, but once again, life has flown by and happened as I stood by and let it!

I saw these questions on my cousin's blog, so I decided to follow suite and throw them up on our blog! So, without further adieu, here are my answers to 30 Questions about 2010!

1. What did you do in 2010 that you have never done before? Off the top of my head, the main thing that I did this year that I've never done before is had a car accident! I had my first ambulance ride, my first x-rays, my first neck brace and my first time being strapped to a body board!! Other things - purchased an AWESOME camera, started visiting a Chiropractor and held a Hissing Madagascar Cockroach!

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions? Seeing as how I don't really remember the resolutions I set last year, I'm going to say probably not!! ;)

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My sister in law, Ollie, gave birth to our beautiful niece, Sadie Jane!

4. Did anyone close to you die? This year my grandpa passed away (in March), which was a blessing! My cousin Cory also passed away (in August), which was a tragedy. They are both loved and missed very much!

5. What places did you visit? For our 10 year anniversary this year Nate & I went to Zions National Park to celebrate and spend time together! We also took at trip to New York City in August to visit Nate's parents!!

6. What do you want to do this year that you didn't do in 2010? I would like to be more focused this year - at school, at work, at home - I feel that my life has kind of meshed together from the stress last Semester, so I hope to be more balanced! The two BIG things that I hope to accomplish this year are to get a step closer to being a mommy and to finish school (the two go hand in hand, so I am looking forward to accomplishing them both)!!

7. What days from 2010 will be etched in your memory? I think that the things that I remember most about this year will be our trips to Zions & New York, the relief that I felt after my head teaching week at the Child Development Lab, and the day of my car accident!!

8. What is your biggest achievement of 2010? I am really pleased to say that I have booked a lot of photo shoots this year! My camera has paid for itself and more, which makes me feel successful and very happy! I am also really pleased to say that Nate & I survived the Fall Semester - and we not only survived it, but we still loved each other! :)

9. What was your biggest failure? I am going to change failure to disappointment, because I feel that the year was pretty successful! My biggest disappointments in myself for the year are putting of my math classes (which I am determined to finish by April), and not getting pregnant (maybe 2011 will be our year!)

10. Did you suffer any illness or injury? Aside from my car accident? I had a few major colds (that happened to be during our trip to New York and during my head teaching week), but they were manageable and I feel blessed to say that I've had a pretty healthy year!

11. What is the best thing you bought? I think the best purchase that we made this year was Nikki the Nikon!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Nate rocked my world during Fall Semester when he took on being a “housewife” – including cooking, laundry, cleaning, working full time and still finding the time to help me with my crazy assignments and lesson plans!

13. Whose behavior appalled you? Truthfully, I can’t think of anyone who has truly disappointed me - and even if there had been, I feel that this would be the time for me to forgive and forget!

14. Where did most of your money go? Hmmm... good question! Bills and dining out!!

15. What did you get really excited about? This year brought a lot of exciting things! We got to spend a lot of time with our nephews and nieces, which always brings us joy! I was also really excited about the trips that we took. And, of course, the camera!

16. What song will always remind you of 2010? I'm pretty sure that the soundtrack to "Glee" has been the soundtrack to our life this year! Because the songs are so diverse, it happens to be on most of the time in the car, at home while cleaning, and on the I-Pod while working!

17. Compared to this time last year are you:
happier or sadder: just as happy!
thinner or fatter: probably about the same
richer or poorer: about the same

18. What do you wish you had done more of? I wish that we would have saved more money, I wish that we would have spent more time outdoors in the summer, and I wish that I would have seen more sunrises!

19. What do you wish you had done less of? I could have spent less time in front of the TV and computer, and I definitely could have procrastinated a lot less!

20. Did you fall in love in 2010? Yes!! Every time I looked at my Nate!! I also fell in love with our camera (is that weird? Am I a little obsessed?)! Other things I fell in love with? Smoothies made in my magic bullet, my new cream boots, photo books and getting adjusted by the Chiropractor!

21. What was your favorite TV program? This year we watched "Glee" pretty religiously! We also enjoyed watching "30 Rock" and finished up "LOST!"

22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't last year? What a silly question! I’m a lover, not a fighter!

23. What was your greatest musical discovery? I'm not sure we discovered any NEW music, but as I mentioned before, we adore the "Glee" soundtrack! I have also really enjoyed Paramore and Taylor Swift this year!

24. What did you want and get? If you don't know the answer to this question, I'm not sure I want to tell you!!

25. What was your favorite film of the year? I'm trying to remember what movies we saw! I REALLY loved "This Is It," (the Michael Jackson movie)! The only movies that I remember seeing in the Theater were "Eclipse" and "Harry Potter 7," both of which we really enjoyed!

26. What did you do on your birthday and how old? On my 30th birthday, I worked for a few hours! After work and dinner, we met up with our families and closest friends for treats and what ended up being a water party at a local park!

27. How would you describe your fashion of 2010?
- School attire: jeans and a sweatshirt
- Work attire: slacks & sweaters
- Home attire: pajama pants, tank tops & ponytails

28. Which celebrity/public figure did you like the most? I really respect and admire Ellen Degeneres! I know that a lot of you will disagree with me, but I think that the things that she does to support people who need it are amazing and I can only dream of being as generous and kind as she is!

29. Share a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010: I think the biggest thing that I learned this year is that it is okay for me to be me! I have spent a lot of my life worried about what others think about me and how I come off to other people, but this last year I have really felt like I have been able to shed that way of thinking and I have really enjoyed discovering who I really am!

30. New Years resolutions for 2011: As I mentioned before - my goals this year include becoming more balanced, finishing school in December, and getting pregnant!!

Happy 2011 everyone! I hope this year brings you joy and happiness and that all of your dreams and goals for the year are remembered and accomplished!!

No comments:

Copyright Notice