August 15, 2010

New York - Day 1

Finally some posts about our trip! First off - it must be known that we had a fabulous time! It was so great to spend time with Nate's parents and we are so grateful for their company and their generosity!

Because I didn't keep any type of journal on our trip, I'm going to use these posts partly for that purpose - so, if I get a little wordy and you get bored, just skip ahead to the pictures - I promise I won't feel bad! :)

We took a red-eye flight on Wednesday the 28th! Noal & Leslie (Nate's aunt & uncle) were kind enough to keep our car for us at their house near the airport and Toni & Brittney (Nate's cousins) are AWESOME and Rascal sat for us - we are so grateful for them and for their help so we could go on our trip!

Anyway, the flight - not bad except for our inability to sleep!! We were definitely ready to get off the plane! Our bags came through and we headed out from the airport with Carl & Lynnette! They took us to a diner/deli for breakfast, we dropped Carl off at work and then struggled to stay awake through the 40ish minute drive to their adorable apartment in Mastic Beach! We stayed awake long enough to take a little tour and shower, then took a little nap to catch up on the sleep that we lost through the flight! We headed back to Melville to pick Carl up for dinner at Bertucci's (yummy) then headed over to catch a sunset walk along the water at Smith's Point Beach!













We were graced with huge waves and, as you can see, an absolutely beautiful sunset! Although we slept part of the day away, it was a wonderful day to ring in the first day of our trip!!

No comments:

Copyright Notice